Mount Fuji (March 26, 2015 Recap)

Dear World,

WE WENT TO MOUNT FUJI!๐Ÿ—ป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ—ป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ—ป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ—ป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ—ป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ—ป๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ—ป

We (my family) met my grandparents at their hotel in Ginza where a bus picked us up along with a couple other groups. We all rode for about 15 minutes until we reached the station place (I think). There, we waited in line for a couple minutes and then the workers gave us these stickers (which u think were basically our tickets).

After we got our stickers/tickets we hopped on a different bus and rode for about an hour and a half until we got to a spot where we could take super pretty pictures of Mount Fuji. 

   Then, we continued on for about half an hour until we got to the 4th Station where you could take some pictures of the Japanese Southern Alps and Mount Fuji from below:


The road conditions were bad so we couldn’t go any higher, but we got ice cream as a consolation prize.

We continued on the bus for about half an hour, until reached a hotel where we ate lunch! It was a Japanese style lunch with a bento box, some miso soup, and a bowl of rice.๐Ÿš

The lunch was surprisingly good! No, it was great!๐Ÿ˜„After we ate our meal, we rode the bus for about thirty more minutes until we got to Lake Ashi. The lake was very pretty, but what I think the two coolest things were: the ferry that looked like a pirate boat

and the swan boats! They were super cool! They were paddle boats shaped like swans.

After we rode around the lake once, we hopped on a ski lift thingy. Actually, I have no idea what it was. It was the shape and size of a bus, had no seats, and no wheels. But, it was riding on wires like a ski lift.

Anyway, we rode it up these mountains things (I have no idea which mountains), and when we got to the top, oh it was prettiest thing ever! You could see the Japanese alps, you could see Tokyo, and you could see a golf course (not sure which one though!)


After we came back down the mountain in the ski lift thingy, we shopped around for some mochi and found some vanilla mochi with red bean filling.๐Ÿ˜› When we were done eating our mochi, Ma’ama (my grandma), Mom, and Papa went down to the bakery (that was next to the mochi place) and while they were there Dad, Trey (my brother), and I went looking for something to do. We were walking around the shops when we saw a little girl sitting on a robotic panda thing and we realized she was driving it! So when she was done, Trey and I hopped on the panda, put some yen in, and started driving around! It was so, so fun!

After all if the family met back up, we climbed back on the bus and rode for about twenty more minutes until it dropped us off at the train station. Can you guess what type of train we rode to get back to Ginza? The bullet train!๐Ÿš„ After we rode the bullet train back to Ginza, we walked a few blocks until we got back to our apartment, got ready for bed, and called it a night!๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ’ค 

โœŒโญ•โ›Žโž• (aka peace out)


P.S. I don’t know if I said this in any of my other posts, but most of the locals here wear masks๐Ÿ˜ท. Not because they’re sick or anything, just because… because? I guess it’s just germs or something but I have no idea!๐Ÿ˜†

4 thoughts on “Mount Fuji (March 26, 2015 Recap)”

  1. Kamaile, I went to high school in Japan and for our senior trip we stayed at a ski lodge in the Japanese alps. To get to the lodge you had to ride this ski lift thingy…only room for one and only a pole to hang onto WHILE holding your luggage. Very scary!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s